The Macchiusi Sales Team, Weiss Realty Ltd Brokerage (2021)
Until February 28, 2021, either the old or the updated version of the OSL may be used.
Residential tenancy agreements signed on or after March 1, 2021 must use the updated standard lease.
Below is a list of the material changes from the 2018 OSL that we have noted – images of the changes will be put into the first few comments on this post.
1. Page 1 - new logo and effective date
2. Page 7 - the pdf allows for digital signatures
3. Page 8 - new logo and TTY number (Bell Relay Service)
4. Page 9 Appendix Section D - new content regarding “When the landlord can end the tenancy”
5. Page 10 Appendix Section I - new Guideline Rent Increases content
6. Page 13 Appendix Section Q - new content about ‘guests’
7. Page 14 is new and provides information about the availability of the guide to the OSL in various languages, and this link to the Guide to Ontario’s standard lease
The Macchiusi Sales Team - Weiss Realty Ltd. Real Estate Brokerage (2021)