April 18, 2019
If you have been in the Dufferin Street and Rutherford Road intersection in the past month, you may have noticed two signs. One sign is on the north side of Rutherford Road, east of Dufferin Street; the other sign is on Dufferin Street, on the east side, north of Rutherford Road. The signs are a notice of a zoning change and a development approval. Read below for more.
JUST THE FACTS
- Address: 1176 Rutherford Rd.
- What is going on: The Norstar group of companies has proposed replacing the house at the corner of Dufferin Street and Rutherford Road with an apartment building and townhouses.
- The proposal: One 24-storey apartment building with 255 units and a four-storey podium, and six blocks of four-storey stacked and back-to-back townhouse dwellings consisting of 172 units -- for a combined total of 427 units.
- Status: Application under review by Vaughan.
- Who is Norstar: Norstar is a residential, commercial, retail and industrial real estate developer and construction group in Canada and the United States (http://norstarcompanies.com). Its Canadian head office is in Concord.